NO PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS COMPETITION. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: To enter THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU SOLERA STANDOUT BARTENDING COMPETITION (the “Competition”), the entrant (“You” and “Your”) must be a legal resident of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia or Puerto Rico and be 21 years of age or older on the date of entry. You must also be a professional bartender who works for a restaurant, bar, or other foodservice establishment. Entrants with a criminal record are subject to be deemed ineligible and their entry may be disqualified. THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU reserves the right to determine Your eligibility based on these criteria. Employees, officers, and directors of THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, anyone involved in the production or administration of the Competition and any member of the immediate family or household of any such persons, are not eligible. The Competition is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The Competition is void in jurisdictions outside of the fifty United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, and where prohibited or restricted. By participating, You fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU, which are final.
2. How to Enter: The possibility to register for the Competition begins at 12:00 am Eastern Standard Time on October 1st, 2022, and ends at 11:59 pm December 11th, 2022, Eastern Standard Time (the “Competition Period”). During the Competition Period, visit the Competition page at solerastandout.com (the “Competition Page”), follow the instructions, and complete all the information fields on the Competition Page (including your name, contact information, title and place of employment, and consent to these Official Rules), and submit the completed entry form and your cocktail (“Entry”) inspiration including all measured ingredients, image, and video of recipe.
3. Entry Content Guidelines: Your submission (including Cocktail and any other materials and information you submit) of the “Entry Materials” must comply with the following guidelines.
4. Usage Rights in Entries: Winning and non-winning recipes, selected by THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU, will be displayed on THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU’s own channels and promotional communications. THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU and its designees shall have the unrestricted and non-exclusive right to edit, adapt, publish, copy, display, perform, broadcast, modify, and otherwise use any or all Entry Materials, alone or in combination with other materials, in all media, whether now known or later discovered, in perpetuity, without restriction of any kind whatsoever, without compensation to You or anyone else. Without limiting the foregoing, all entries may be posted on the web pages of THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU or any other brand’s publication it decides.
THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU reserves the right to review any entry prior to publication, to remove any entry after publication, and to remove any incidental material that could be deemed infringing, as determined by THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU. No guarantee is made that entries will or will not be published or posted within a specified length of time between submission and publication.THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine if any entry is appropriate for publication. All entries that are made available for viewing by the general public will be deemed published by You within the meaning of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the Communications Decency Act.
Entry constitutes permission for THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU and its designees to use Your name, biographical information, moving or still image/likeness, and/or voice in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, for internal, advertising, Competition and other purposes without compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
5. Contact: By entering the Competition, You agree that THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliates may contact You by electronic mail for promotional and commercial purposes or partnering proposals.
6. Selection and Requirements of the Winner and Finalists:
The SOLERA STANDOUT COMPETITION winner will be selected to receive a final prize trip to THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU in Spain, subject to limitations contained herein, will also be featured on the microsite solerastandout.com. The value of the prize is USD 5,000 and will include airfare and hotel for at five (5) nights hotel double occupancy, meals, and transfers.
The Winner will also receive a GRAND PRIZE consisting of $1,250.00 cash
Finalists will receive, once they are selected to compete in the final stage, a prize consisting of USD 400.00 cash each and a seat at the Certified Sherry Wine Specialist Online Course (CSWS Online) offered by THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU and THE WINE SCHOLAR GUILD for free.
The House of LUSTAU does not guarantee, warrant, or support related partner media’s products, services, or operations.
Eligible entries must contain:
Finalists will be announced not later than January 15th and will be contacted by one THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU team member.
Winner will need to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release within five (5) days of notification. Winner will be responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes, and other costs, associated with the receipt and use of the prize, and before being named a winner will have to supply a valid social security number for tax reporting purposes. Winner should consult with an accountant, as the tax liability may be substantial. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Competition is impaired in any way for any reason, THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify, and/or cancel the Competition. THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it finds to have tampered with the entry process or to have acted in violation of these Official Rules or in a disruptive manner. THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event that a Recipe submission Your sole remedy shall be another Recipes entry into the Competition. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be stricken and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
Winner will also need to provide copies of a valid driver’s license or state issued identification card. An alternate potential Winner will be selected if the first potential Winner fails to complete and return the declaration/release, with the required copies of his/her driver’s license or state issued identification card, within the specified time.
THE HOUSE OF LUSTAU reserves the right to review any entry, to disqualify any participant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and to re-award the prize to an eligible participant. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries.
8. Judging Criteria: Semifinals Stage: Judging CriteriaEntries will be reviewed by our panel of judges. The panel will consist of the current Lustau Ambassador Team. It is their job to tally and test every aspect of the cocktail and select the best 16 cocktails.
Entries will be shared with the judging panel randomly and under a codification to guarantee independence and transparency during the selection. 3 world class cocktail experts will confirm and approve the final 16 selected entries.
Lustau Brand Ambassadors will review the cocktails based on the following aspects:
|Name of the cocktail||5|
|Appearance / Presentation (based on the photography shared by the participant)||10|
|Concept behind the cocktail (Creativity)||15|
Once selected these 16 cocktails will be replicated by Lustau Brand Ambassadors and reviewed based on the following aspects:
|Flavor and aroma||15|
|Balance of flavors, aroma, and texture||25|
Finals Stage: Judging Criteria
Finalist cocktails will be replicated by participant and be judged by the same 3 world class cocktail experts that originally approved the semifinalist entries. These 3 judges will taste and judge the cocktails but also test the participants in other challenges.
First Section: Judges will taste and review each participant’s signature cocktail based on the following aspects:
|FINALS: SIGNATURE COCKTAIL||POINTS|
|Flavor and aroma||15|
|Balance of flavors, aroma, and texture||20|
|Presentation and performance (Cleanliness)||10|
|Creativity and Originality||10|
|Usage of given ingredients||20|
|Balance of flavors, aroma, and texture||35|